Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Fun: Sunburns & Ikea Benches

This weekend I went to the river and for those of you who have not experienced what is the white-trash circus that is "salt river tubing," I highly recommend it if you're in the area. Anywho, I haven't been down the river (a 3 hour float) in at least a few years. Basically, you tie together 10+ tubes with all your closest friends and cooler full of cool beer and coast it for a few hours in the piping hot sun.... fun right? Well there's a lot of interesting characters that happen to float the salt river so it's quite the entertainment. Needless to say - after hours in the sun, sunburnt legs, a sunburnt boyfriend and too many beers, my Saturday was overrrrrr. Ouch.

However, after a relaxing 13+ hours of sleep, I hopped up on my feet on Sunday ready to start my day. I headed to Ikea (bad idea on a SUNDAY...oye) and found this bench right near the check-out line marked half off. Yes, please!


via
This guy was perfect for my front porch. I got home, eager to put it together but was faced with what seemed like this:

pile of wood pieces, via


+


confusing directions, via

I was determined, especially with the slight laughter of my boyfriend in the corner as he heard me grunt in confusion. After a short 45 minutes or so, I did it! And it looks fabulous on my porch. Check it!




This week I'll show you how to make your own window cornices - easy as pie!

Happy Monday!

xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! xoxo